The following texts have been used as reference for this article.
- Bandon, by Prof Patrick O’Flanagan – Irish Historical Towns Atlas published by the Royal Irish Academy.
- A History of Bandon, Mr. Paddy Connolly.
- A Historical Walk Through Bandon, Mr. Paddy Connolly.
- Bandon Historical Journals, Cumann Seanchais Na Banndan, Bandon Historical Society. Bandon,
- 400 Years of History. Mr. Paddy Connolly
- A History of Bandon. Mr. Denis J O’Donoghue, M.A.
- The Bandon River from Source to Sea. Mr. Sean Connolly
- A Journey of Remembrance, Walks in the footsteps of soldiers Bandon War Memorial Committee
- Bandon, People and Places. Vol’s 1 to 5, Mr. Paddy Connolly
- Bandon Opinion Monthly Magazine
- Check out using Google: ‘Paul Turner Bandon’. You’ll be surprised with the detail of history!
- The Southern Star weekly newspaper
- The 2006 & 2008 Bandon Town Map & Guides
Check out the www.bandon.ie website for updates. The calendar section highlights what’s on and some of the activities that have taken place.