30 Things to do in Bandon
1. Visit the West Cork Heritage Centre / Christchurch to see a little bit of living history or check out some of the old birth records to check your ancestry.
2. View the Weir at Bandon …complete a walk by the river.
3. Buy a car from one of the many dealerships
4. Enjoy the music at the Bandon Music Festival
5. Do one of the many fitness, historical or nature trail walks…some highlighted in this map.
6. Visit the Farmers Market by the Spar Car Park on Saturday or the Country Market on a Friday
7. Just check out any of the top quality eateries for a gourmet treat – Sorrentos, Italistro, Marmatice, Cappucinos, Urru, Poachers Inn and Munster Arms are recommended.
8. Upgrade your wardrobe by splashing out in any of the top class boutiques or outfitters.
9. For the golfer ..play Pitch and Putt at the Town Park or Brinny or try out impressive bandon Golf course at Castlebernard.
10. Equestrian related – show jumping, racing, hunting, dressage and pony trotting.
11. Visit one of the many churches
12. Bird watching – keep an eye on the river for the famous heron
13. Botany – sample the delights that the local award winning garden centres have on offer
14. Visit the motor bike ‘drag racing’ which takes place each spring in Old Chapel.
15. Entertainment: Watch out for the various music weekends, street festivals and sporting competitions.
16. Playground: a little gem that will keep the little terrors occupied for more than enough time.
17. Walk the streets, meet the people and feel the flavour of Bandon.
18. Art – take note of the various exhibitions that take place throughout the year.
19. Treat yourself to some relaxing massage and beauty therapy or try out Fionn Uisce for alternative therapy
20. Visit the library for a bit of light reading.
21. Visit the Shambles and see one of the few, if not the only 15 sided buildings in Ireland.
22. Check out many of the monuments / plaques around the town to sample a little piece of local history.
23. Watch out for the many charity events that take place at various stages throughout the year.
24. Avail of some of the many financial services provided by the many banks, building societies and Credit Union.
25. Support any of the local schools in many of the activities they compete in.
26. Get involved with any of the local clubs, societies and groups…there’s a huge choice to suit anyone.
27. Get to know the people, places and faces of Bandon.
28. Watch out for activities for all the family such as the Bandon Show.
29. Do your business in Bandon and keep Bandon in business …. Look out for special offers of high
quality produce from the many businesses in the town.
30. Enjoy the famous Bandon Christmas Lights